PDA

View Full Version : Assignment Zoom Blur Great Egret on Nest

Linda Holloway
05-08-2009, 09:02 PM
Hey all,

I was at the Alligator Farm with Fabs and Alfred. I loved it. Fabs helped me get creative with a zoom blur.
What do you think? Comments welcome.

Canon 50D
Canon 100-400 lens
focal length 115
ISO 200
Exposure manual
exposure 1/25 sec at f/32

Linda Holloway

Gus Cobos
05-08-2009, 09:24 PM
"Beam me up Scotty"...:eek::D:) I like it Linda...talking about warp speed...well done...:cool:

Alfred Forns
05-08-2009, 10:02 PM
Hi Linda Excellent blur !!! Need the right image and this is a good one Only wish for the bird to have the head a little sharper !!!

For these one of the keys is having the neutral density filter !! Here you had stopped all the way down and still had 1/25 shutter speed At that speed you need to zoom back fast and can cause movement but if you were able to go down to 1/15 or below you could have delayed and zoomed !!! Still like it a lot as presented !!! These images are addictive !!!

Lance Peters
05-08-2009, 11:03 PM
Hi linda - nice - agree with AL'S comments re the head being a bit sharper - think you need the sharpness with a subject in the frame - without a subject it then becomes more of a study of shapes and colours.
Like the feel.

keep them coming.

Linda Holloway
05-08-2009, 11:53 PM
Thanks all of you. This was my first try. I will work at it. I especially like denise flower blurs.

Linda

denise ippolito
05-09-2009, 06:21 AM
Linda, I think for a first blur this is great-I still can't seem to get the zoom blurs right- Keep trying,I've found that the more I experiment the more I seem to get some keepers-Look forward to your next one!

Harold Davis
05-09-2009, 02:51 PM
agree with the rest of the gang. this does make for a fine abstract. cant wait to see what else you got at the farm.