PDA

View Full Version : Phalaenopsis Natural Light... Different Angle & Lens

Charles Wesley
05-08-2009, 04:53 PM
Here's another look at my phalaenopsis posted earlier this week. I like all the blooms facing the camera as seen in this photo as compared to the original. I used my 5D but switched lenses. This photo was taken with my most versatile lens : EF 100- 400 /4.5-5.6 mm L at its 131 mm zoom setting. The exposure on this one was 1/4 sec. @ f/ 16.0 ISO 400. I used the self timer and MLU to help with sharpness. Processed with DPP 3.5 and PS/CS4.

Some may not like the black background. I'm not happy with the density after making a new layer to move the flower blooms on my moth orchid for a better composition. I only used black as a BG to help make the image " pop " IMO. I think the black forces ones eye to concentrate on the orchids. That's just my opinion.

Enjoy

Joe Senzatimore
05-08-2009, 09:10 PM
Real sweet Charlie. The light is just fantastic.

Julie Kenward
05-09-2009, 12:23 PM
Yes, the light is gorgeous...and you did another bang up job of the angle on the flower. I do think you could crop a bit of negative space off this one - maybe halfway up to the nodule on the stem and a bit off the top as well. Everything else is beautiful - I think it just needs a little more room in the frame to really show it off to perfection.

Anita Bower
05-14-2009, 10:42 AM
Another gorgeous image! The orchid itself is perfect, and your image captures that perfection. I, too, like the black BG.