50D
24-105 L lens W 12MM ext tube (Kenko)
ISO 100
F8
SS 1/8
AV Mode
WB, Custom 5500K
Lighting, 12 x 12" softbox

Please tell me what ya think. Ill be out of town this wekend so Ill check back later
Thanks Fred

denise ippolito
05-08-2009, 04:00 PM
Fred, Really interesting crop -I only wish you included the entire piece on the left.I like it alot.

Bruce Murden
05-09-2009, 08:09 AM
Fred, I like the comp and agree with Denise that I'd prefer having the whole sweep in the frame. Although I'm known for liking limited DOF, here I'd like to see an attempt to get more of the stamens in focus, through either smaller aperture or multiple exposures each with a different stamen in focus. Also, if you could tone down the hot spot at the top near UR it would keep from pulling attention away from the stamens.

Julie Kenward
05-09-2009, 12:19 PM
I agree with the others...the stamen on the left would be better included and a shave off the right would give the stamen more attention and less competition from the dark green. I do like the gradual shift from white/light to green/dark and I don't mind the stamen as they are but more focus in that area couldn't hurt!

Fred Bourque
05-11-2009, 06:26 AM
Thanks everyone for the comments. Ive just started dealing with Macros, so I have a lot to learn. When I added the border, I didnt pay enough attention to where it was going to position its self. That is what took out a part that you are mentioning. As for the hotspots, I guess I need to readjust my monitor, In CS3 it didnt show but here I can see its quite a bit lighter...
Thanks again..its off to the drawing board, LOL
Fred