PDA

View Full Version : My B-Fly Shot

Mike Moats
05-08-2009, 06:31 AM
I buy B-flies mounts from a company online and use them in my workshops. I'm always looking for some interesting BGs to place them in. This one I added the little antenaes in PS.

Fuji S5 Pro, Tamron 90, F32, Natural Light, Tripod.

Julie Kenward
05-08-2009, 07:26 AM
Great idea, Mike! Do you have a resource for the butterflies that you prefer to use? I'd love to see what they have available.

Love the intense greens and blacks against the soft whites of the tree. The diagonal slash really sets this one off and the curls add another interesting texture to the image. I think this might be one of my all-time favorites of yours!

Mike Moats
05-08-2009, 07:49 AM
Hey Jules, the company is www.butterflyutopia.com they got tons of different B-flys and moths

Stephen Stephen
05-08-2009, 11:39 AM
Mike that's a novel concept. Something that I would never have thought of.

The only thing about this image is that my biologist's mind can't imagine this butterfly realistically resting on this birch bark. It's a minor point on such a nice image.

Mike Moats
05-08-2009, 01:13 PM
Hey Stephen, I have an image of an African butterfly that I set in a birch tree and it's a big seller for me at the art shows, the funny thing is it's not native here and the people that buy it haven't a clue that its not alive or even from this country. As long as the colors match the drapes,carpet, wall color the do even care.:D

Gordon Craig
05-09-2009, 08:07 AM
This is a great shot Mike. Do you have a similar link for bird feathers?