PDA

View Full Version : spider weaving

Joel Arrington
01-31-2008, 01:59 PM
Canon 20D, 28-105 @ 85mm, ISO 400, 1/250 @ f/29, flash. I've tried to dampen the highlight on the thorax with levels, but with little effect. The spider was small. It couldn't reach all sides of a nickel at the same time. Its web hung between my outside rearview mirror and the passenger-side truck door - just a few inches - which may explain the odd reflections. One looks like a lens aperture.

Robert O'Toole
01-31-2008, 06:09 PM
Joel,

I like the image, the colors the contrast and the cool web design diagional.

The only problem that you already brought up is the highlight, and the reflection which I believe is really flare casued by the highlight on the thorax. That explains the lens iris shape. The 28-105 only has 5 blades?

Robert

Mike Moats
01-31-2008, 06:24 PM
Hey Joel, even with the noted flaws this is a very interesting shot. The web design really make this shot for me.Very Cool!

Brian Wong
01-31-2008, 07:51 PM
Hi Joel!
I really love the repeating patterns, and I really like how they are on the diagonal ... it is so interesting looking ... very cool! The dark background / high contrast makes that pop. I agree with the highlight ... so OToole, do you have some magic that you could demonstrate here?

John Cooper
01-31-2008, 08:42 PM
Hi Joel, I find it difficult to get a really intersting orb spider capture. You have achieved something different here with an interesting web pattern running diagonally, and a spider that appears luminous!! Yes, pity about hot spot, sounds like its devoid of pixels. But interesting shot all the same!