PDA

View Full Version : Southern Utah II (Faux Falls)

John Blumenkamp
05-07-2009, 09:40 AM
Here is a second image from my time in southern Utah this past weekend.. this is 'Faux Falls', a waterfall created due to the diversion of nearby Mill Creek about 10 miles south of Moab.

40D @ 28mm
1/5 f/22 iso100 w/ polarizer

Comments appreciated... thanks for looking.

John

Dave Mills
05-07-2009, 09:59 AM
John, Nicely composed with a minimal sky and a nice line of rocks on the bottom. No hot spots in the water with a nice soft grain. Small nit would be to give a bit more room on the right...

Tom Walter
05-07-2009, 04:22 PM
John,

Well done. Great composition. I like the silky look of the water. To me, the light looks a little harsh.

Tom

Rene Quenneville
05-07-2009, 06:00 PM
Nicely composed. I like the way the lines flow trough the picture. In order to improve the light, you could try to darken and saturate the reds a little.

Paul Marcellini
05-08-2009, 07:15 PM
I always love a waterfall in the desert. It looked a tad flat and i think Rene's idea might be the ticket. I like the comp and the basic color scheme.

Roman Kurywczak
05-08-2009, 08:25 PM
Hey John,
not too many people know of this little jewel outside Moab.....this is the only vantage point that you don't get the drainage pipe up higher! The light loos good on this end and the silky flow is very nice. I agree with the added pop.....but it may be due to compression. Very nicely done.

Rich Ikerd
05-11-2009, 03:16 PM
Nice image of this often overlooked gem in the desert. Even if it is man-made, its still a nice sight to view and photography. Your shutter speed is spot on here giving both a silkiness to the water as well as showing a little power behind the water.