PDA

View Full Version : Working...working...

Mirenchu Fernandez
05-06-2009, 08:29 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3254/3123182412_30699b4680_b.jpg
Thanks in advance for your comments and suggestions!
1/500 sec; f/5.6; 68.8 mm; ISO 200.

Gus Cobos
05-06-2009, 09:08 PM
Hi Mirenchu,
I like your base composition and capture...a few points to consider...the tips of the petals are clipped on the top of the frame and at the bottom, along with part of the stem; also the single petal to the left is sliced in half...I would have liked to have seen the bee on the front side of the flower not hiding in the back, in a peek-a-boo position...the bee looks a little under exposed along with the background...I took the liberty in making a few adjustments to your composition and image...I started by adding canvas on the top, the left side and on the bottom of the frame...I reconstructed the stem and petal on the bottom, adjusted your mid-tones, boosted the contrast and saturation levels...selective sharpened the bee and the petals, also lightened the background and cleaned it up some...see if this presents best to you...:cool:

Alfred Forns
05-06-2009, 09:33 PM
Hi Mirenchu

I like the selected dof and framing ... might have gone a little tighter since the end of the petals were clipped and would make the bee larger in frame. Having the bee entirely visible would have been better but do like the capture ... sure looks sharp !!

Color wise I like and in between the posted and re posted Maybe just a little less bright/saturated. Appealing and one beautiful image I like it a lot !!!

Lance Peters
05-07-2009, 02:28 AM
HI Mirenchu - Nice base image - Like Gus;s tweaks - little bright on my screen. Love th epurples and greens.
Keep them coming :)

denise ippolito
05-07-2009, 07:03 AM
Mirenchu,Very lovely image.The details are nice and I love the colors-Agree w/ Alfred about going in tighter.Gus' tweaks are nice but I'm partial to the orig.

Mirenchu Fernandez
05-07-2009, 10:53 AM
Thank you very much for all your comments and suggestions that help me learn more each day...

Dick Glover
05-07-2009, 08:35 PM
Hi Mirenchu,
The clipped petals are distracting, but I much prefer the colors and saturation of the original. Scrolling back and forth between the two, the second image may be more technically complete, but it does not grab my attention the way the original does. Maybe the reconstructed (complete) flower, with the darker background would be ideal. Thanks for sharing.
Dick