PDA

View Full Version : FIxed Osprey

Wheeler McDougal Jr.
01-01-2008, 08:10 PM
This image was taken last February with Jim on his boat on Lake Blue Cypress I missed the top wing edge so I used Robert O'Tool's methodology to add some canvus and the lower wing tips to fill in the cut off tip. I thought the result was excellent. What do you think?

Maxis Gamez
01-01-2008, 08:13 PM
Hello and welcome.

Did you forget the image? If you are having problem posting your photograph let us know.

Thanks!

Maxis Gamez
01-01-2008, 08:22 PM
Hi,

The wings position, exposure and details are very nice. I think the blue is a little too saturated. I would also try to run the image with any noise software to help the noise around the Osprey. Looking forward to see more of your work!

James Salywoda
01-01-2008, 08:33 PM
Very nice I love the underwing detail and the nice looking bg with the subtle color from the clouds...

Fabs Forns
01-01-2008, 08:41 PM
Hi and welcome to BPN!

Perfect PS job! Having said that, I would have preferred the fully extended wings.
Sharpness and exposure right on, maxis mentioned the noise in the sky.
It would help if you include your shooting specs to better evaluate your image :)

Arthur Morris
01-01-2008, 08:53 PM
Great job with the APTATS fix but the noise in the sky is brutal. Also love the eye contact. All comments above are right on. Please include as much EXIF data as possible.

later and love, artie

Wheeler McDougal Jr.
01-01-2008, 08:57 PM
Sorry I had them and intended to include them in the original post. Anyway here they are: Nikon D2H f/7.1, 1/2000, ISO-640. I think the artifacts around the wing is a problem that I fight everytime I shoot with a blue sky as a BG. The sky was in fact that blue, but it does look as if I over saturated the blue. Thanks all of you for you thoughts as I am looking for correction more than applause.