PDA

View Full Version : Lady In Waiting

Bill McCrystyn
01-31-2008, 11:11 AM
20D 100-400L IS ISO400 @EFL600 F/8 1/1000 PARTIAL HANDHELD LAKE HAMILTON AR

Perched on a branch next to her mate off my deck I couldn't resist the late afternoon lighting.

Stephen Stephen
01-31-2008, 12:19 PM
Bill like the pose here but would suggest that you really needed some fill flash. Did you happen to take a portrait version of this to capture the bird's tail as well? Next time try to move the bird off of centre so that it "looks" into the frame.

Axel Hildebrandt
01-31-2008, 12:21 PM
The pose is nice but I agree with Stephen on fill flash and clipped tail. It looks quite underexposed.

Bill McCrystyn
01-31-2008, 12:55 PM
Thanks guys, I can appreciate what your saying. The lighting, exposure and shadows were intentional but didn't come off well in the transfer. I probably should have put this in the "artsie" part of the out of the box forum. Thanks for your comments. I appreciate them.

Fabs Forns
01-31-2008, 09:43 PM
I see it made it here :)

I'd probably crop the lighter tree and use some creative filter on it too :)

Bill McCrystyn
01-31-2008, 10:50 PM
I think probably half my images belong here. What lighter tree?? By the way, that sharpening trick with the contracted radius is working real well on several of my images. Like I told Artie, there is a steep learning curve here and I like it. Having access to so many consumate pros like yourself to answer questions and help out is truly amazing. No where else can you get this all for $20 a year. Thanks again.

Fabs Forns
01-31-2008, 11:18 PM
Thanks for your kind words :)

I played with it a bit. Used Alien Skin Snap Art's oil Piant, masking the eye. Nik Color Efex Bicolor Fiter and Feivel's Gothic Glow action.

Bill McCrystyn
02-01-2008, 12:14 AM
Did you mean the right corner branch should be gone? Good call. Much better. Much cleaner to the eye.

Wow - the oil look is interesting. My son would probably like that one. Is that one of the CS3 filters? I would like to play with the oil myself. I might have toned it down (brightness) here and there but it's growing on me. I see possibilities. If you were to print that on canvas that could be trippy.

Bill McCrystyn
02-01-2008, 12:33 AM
You can see I had to do something with it. :) The little lady caught my eye.

Fabs Forns
02-01-2008, 11:50 AM
I need your e-mail to send you something, please PM me :)