PDA

View Full Version : Stretching

wendell westfall
05-05-2009, 04:31 PM
D70s 70-200VR&2X@260 1/1000 f5.6 ISO800 0EV

Here is one from yesterday (7:15 AM). I am experimenting with bumping up my ISO from the usual 400 to 800. This image was minimally cropped, adjusted and sharpened, and I elected to clone out a gosling in the lower left corner. Appreciate your comments.

Wendell

Gus Cobos
05-05-2009, 06:39 PM
Hi Wendell,
I like this composition and capture...I like the frontal flapping wing position, the head angle is good...you have fine details in the wings and the color rendition is good...my only suggestion would be to add a little canvas on the bottom for the virtual feet...aside from this, you did well...good show...looking forward to your next one...:cool:

Alfred Forns
05-05-2009, 07:26 PM
Hi Wendell Glad your bumping the ISO as needed !!! Tech wise I might trade one stop shutter speed for stepping down one stop ... with the 2x might be worth it !!!

...btw I would go to the converter when there is not choice, if you have a 1.7X might be a better choice since the AF will be much faster and will have higher image quality. Image wise might want a little more room all around.

btw as you experiment with higher ISO do compare the image before and after using Noise Ninja. You can loose lots of sharpness so be careful thats why I'm using Topaz ... seems to work better !!

wendell westfall
05-05-2009, 09:42 PM
Thanks, fellas . . . and (beginners question), as a general rule, should I use noise reduction routinely on entire images, or only on selected parts of images? Or does it depend on the image?

Lance Peters
05-06-2009, 03:09 AM
HI Wendell - Only selected parts of a image - IMHO - I never run any on my main subject at all.

Agree with Gus's comments - looking forward to seeing more :)