PDA

View Full Version : Southern Utah

John Blumenkamp
05-04-2009, 10:15 PM
Spent the past few days in southern Utah... here is an image west of Moab along the trail leading to Corona Arch. The clouds and overall landscape were gorgeous this particular afternoon once the sun appeared for a short time.

40D @ 40mm
1/320 f/8 iso100

Thanks for looking,
John

Paul Marcellini
05-05-2009, 07:05 AM
My kind of skies. Love the color combo here. The frame is divided nicely into cool and warm tones and exposure is great. I hope to get out west again sometime soon. This image makes me miss it.

Grady Weed
05-05-2009, 09:16 AM
Paul hit the highlights for me. I might add the powerful skies show drama. I like the contrast the most. Sun shining on the rock face with the dark clouds above, lovely. I also like the curves and lines seen in the foreground. Shapes in a landscape like this one bring it all together. A very nice image here.

Tom Walter
05-05-2009, 12:01 PM
I like this image very much and agree with the above comments. You were there at just the right time. Without the clouds and light this would be an ordinary picture. I like the perspective. My eyes go to the right and are then drawn back to the main rock.

Judd Patterson
05-05-2009, 10:43 PM
The dramatic sky really makes this image sing. It's a nice composition and the lighting is just right too. Nice work John!

Roman Kurywczak
05-06-2009, 04:31 PM
Hey John,
The drama of the sky really makes this work but the curve and shape of the rocks and the lighting on it takes it over the top! Very well done.

Steve Patterson
05-06-2009, 04:39 PM
Wonderful light in this one. I have done the hike to Corona arch....great hike and you have photographed it very well. The sky just makes it.

Sabyasachi Patra
05-10-2009, 12:24 PM
John,
Fabulous colours. Nice light. The shape of the rocks increases the depth perception. Simply love it. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi