PDA

View Full Version : Mini World Tutorial-An upcoming THEME!!

denise ippolito
05-04-2009, 06:12 PM
MINI WORLD TUTORIAL:
This is the basic how to-There are alot of different ways to do this but this is by far the easiest and will get you started:
IN PHOTOSHOP
START W/ A PANORAMIC IMAGE
RESIZE TO A SQUARE IMAGE (be sure to uncheck that constraint box)
ROTATE IMAGE 180 DEGREES
MAKE SURE IMAGE IS IN 8 BIT MODE
GO TO FILTER>DISTORT>POLAR CO-ORDINATES,(be sure rectangle to polar option is selected)
CLEAN-UP YOUR LINES AND MAKE ADJUSTMENTS TO YOUR NEW SKY!!
TRY A FEW DIFFERENT ONES TILL YOU GET A KEEPER!!

Lance has provided another option:

Start with 7 Unstitched images - 6 all around and 1 straight upwards
Load all into PTGUI - link : http://www.ptgui.com/
select align - stitches them all and smooth exposure differences
choose create top down spherical panorama
Patch middle in P.S.

MINI WORLDS WILL BE AN UPCOMING THEME
Below is a link to Lance's homepage where you can see his display of Mini Worlds (They are AWESOME!)-This page was my inspiration for the theme!! It should be fun-feel free to post any that you create in the meantime to get feedback on them before the contest week!!

http://www.lancepeters.com.au/#/gallery/mini-worlds/

Jackie Schuknecht
05-04-2009, 06:45 PM
Lance's Mini-Worlds are fantastic. This theme should be a blast!

Lance Peters
05-04-2009, 09:28 PM
They are fun - If you have a look at the link Denise posted (Great way to get started) you will see that the city planets have a swirly middle and the other example you have to do some clean up work at the end.

Here's a hint - you are trying to create a 360 x 180 degree panorama (SPHERICAL PANORMA) everything you see all around you in all directions.

Here's one more hint - manual exposure.

Looking forward to the theme week Denise !!! If anyone has any questions send me a PM. Been doing these for a while and they can be great fun - I have been meaning to do a IR one for ages - just getting the time is the problem. (I work 15+ hour days for about the first 8 months of the Year - then get lots of time off :) )

denise ippolito
05-04-2009, 09:52 PM
Lance, Thankyou so much for all your help!!

Jackie, I am looking forward to this as well!!

Kora Baker
03-21-2010, 05:52 PM
Thanks very much indeed for that information, denise. I'm looking forward to trying this out.:) Kora