PDA

View Full Version : One legged Green Heron

Oscar Zangroniz
05-03-2009, 08:05 PM
This guy must be one of the last inhabitant at Anhinga Trail. Plenty of gators and crows and a few young anhinga's remain.

Nikon D3, Nikon 300mm F4 w/ 1.7tc @510mm, F6.7, ISO 400, 1/1000, Manual Mode.

denise ippolito
05-04-2009, 03:37 PM
Oscar, I like the pose and am wondering about the perch-I think I'm seeing some cloning marks can't be sure I'm on my laptop.Details look good.

Lance Peters
05-04-2009, 04:34 PM
Hi Oz - like to intense stare on Mr Green - but just doesn't grab me this one - perphaps there is to much BG clutter that grabs my interest that competes with the bird.
:)

Alfred Forns
05-04-2009, 04:51 PM
Hi Oscar Would take some from the left/lower to minimize the perch and getting him toward the corner !!! The light was tough for this one !!!

Gus Cobos
05-04-2009, 05:53 PM
Hi Oscar,
I agree with the techs. mentioned...I do see cloning marks along the bill...I modified your base composition and image by increasing the saturation and contrast point, adjusting the mid-tones, and toning down the highlights on the perch and the backgroun...the background was also diffused and desaturated to place more attention on the bird...I cropped from the left side of the frame to off center him and also cropped from the top to take out some of the negative space, selective sharpened the eye and ran a low level intensity pass of noise reduction in the background...see if this presents best to you...:cool:

Jackie Schuknecht
05-04-2009, 06:25 PM
Looks like a lonely heron Oscar. You did well in harsh light. Like the one-legged pose too:)