PDA

View Full Version : Valley of Fire

Michael Pancier
01-31-2008, 08:55 AM
5d w/17-40L @ 28mm; f/9.1; 1/60; polarizer

converted and tone mapped from raw file using Photomatix Pro (psudo HDR using 1 raw file)

Alfred Forns
01-31-2008, 08:59 AM
Mike you are getting to be a master using that program Sue like the output Excellent tonal transition Got the colors just right and it also has an amazing 3D effect Big Congrats Mike

..... btw did you checked yourself out here :cool: http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3330

Rich Ikerd
01-31-2008, 02:12 PM
Excellent HDR work of a super subject Mike. I like how all the diagonals lead you to the center of the image. And its a bonus to have nice clouds in the sky (shame about the contrail though).

John Cooper
01-31-2008, 08:19 PM
One powerful image Michael - I feel that I could walk right into this scene!! Great colour, exposure and sky. What time of day?
I am not familiar with Photomatix Pro - what does it offer?

Steve Bein
02-01-2008, 03:39 AM
I am not familiar with Photomax pro either, but whatever you did, it rocks. The leading lines just draw one's eyes into the image. I am not sure why you did not just clone out the contrail, but it is a small nit.

Michael Pancier
02-01-2008, 07:06 AM
I am not familiar with Photomax pro either, but whatever you did, it rocks. The leading lines just draw one's eyes into the image. I am not sure why you did not just clone out the contrail, but it is a small nit.

:D I forgot ....

the Program is a HDR program which allows multiple image HDR or single image from raw files.

a lot of fun

Michael Lyncheski
02-01-2008, 09:47 PM
Great image Michael. I really love all the detail and colors in the photo. I almost expect to see a president's head among the rocks. :) You probably helped sell a couple of copies of Photomatix Pro!

Bret Edge
02-02-2008, 06:55 PM
This is one of my favorite places that seems to get very little visitation from photographers. This photo should convince a few more to visit, though. Gorgeous sky and nice, soft light. The two canyon walls on either side create a feeling of depth with the striated walls.

Robert Amoruso
02-04-2008, 07:02 AM
Michael,

Your getting real good with the HDR. This has a wonderful, full tonal range look w/o an HDR feel. I would clone the contrail.

Travis Novitsky
02-05-2008, 04:05 AM
Lovely image. The only thing I would have done differently is to compose the shot so the bottom edge is at the top edge of that bush in the lower right of the image. You're not losing anything vital along the bottom edge of the photo by doing that....and what you're gaining is a bit more of that incredible sky. I would also clone out the contrail....should be fairly simple as its a short one. It truly is a lovely image, though....and you processed it quite nicely!