PDA

View Full Version : Environmental BG

David Roach
05-03-2009, 09:42 AM
Created just at the end of the morning (and decent light) at Green Cay. Because of the light (I suppose), the histogram showed a very high dynamic range with slight spillover at both ends. As the new growth fireflag was reasonably close, I wanted to try to use as an environmental BG. Cropped to vertical for composition. BG too Busy?
1DMKIIN 400DO 1.4xtc ISO 400 F8@1/640

Raul Quinones
05-03-2009, 10:46 AM
Nice shot, nice details and pose.
I will tempted to tone down a bit the background and crop just a tad from the bottom to eliminate the opening in the BRC, I also think that blacks could be a little darker, of course it could be my monitor.

Fabs Forns
05-03-2009, 10:57 AM
Blacks look good on my end. Agree on cropping ff the bottom, and I'd also crop offf the left to get the bird off center. Yoy could use the Burn tool in the BG,

Stu Bowie
05-03-2009, 11:34 AM
The BG doesnt bother me, as it is blured enough to make the bird stand out. I like the pose, and lovely detail around the head and neck.

Juan Aragonés
05-03-2009, 12:48 PM
The BG is a bit distracting from my point of view but not bad because the colors are fantastic balancing very well the black of the anhinga. Composition works for me and the pose of the bird is very good. :-)