PDA

View Full Version : Roo and Joey

John Cooper
01-31-2008, 05:45 AM
The Roo with Joey were photographed in a nature reserve.

Canon EOS 5, Canon 400mm F5.6, K64, 1/125 sec f11, natural light, fill flash, Tripod.

Fabs Forns
01-31-2008, 11:01 AM
Beautiful settings and composition. It looks a little soft on this end.

Alfred Forns
01-31-2008, 01:27 PM
Beautiful setting for the pair I like the attentive pose of the mom and straight ahead look of the joey I think there is something going in with the processing Both look soft but could be due to opening shadows from being back lite I like it a lot !!!!

Vincent Grafhorst
01-31-2008, 01:31 PM
I love the setting here with the surrounding purple flowers and rocks. Apart from the nits already mentioned I can only say that the light looks a bit harsch.

Jasper Doest
02-01-2008, 02:26 AM
What a lovely setting and scene to photograph. Besides all the nice colors...I really like it that the parent looks into another direction as the child. The light seems a bit harsh...and you tried to compensate that using fillflash...good thinking. However...the flash created a steal eye here....a solution for that would be to use a flashbracket to place your flash at a higher point. Give it a try and see how it will work out for you.

D. Robert Franz
02-02-2008, 10:40 AM
Wow what an incredible flower display.. Having spent 6 weeks in OZ a few years back I would be curious of what time of year and where this was captured. I would love to come back some day.. The above suggestions are all good and I'm sure the transparency looks ever better. I find Kodachrome really difficult to scan well...