PDA

View Full Version : Bare Throated Tiger Heron

gary rouleau
05-02-2009, 09:46 AM
I guess its my turn to jump in here with some of my photos from Doug Brown and Greg Basco's "incredible" tour. Everything about the trip was awesome, the organization and timing of every event went perfectly, the instruction invaluable. I was so impressed by the amount of time they spent with everyone to get the photos they wanted and how to make them better. If you had a question they were there. I can go on all day, it was fantastic. Would I go again? Yes, in a heartbeat!

Thanks Doug and Greg and everyone else for a wonderful two weeks.
gary

Canon markIII
300mm + 1.4x
iso640 F6.3 1/640 comp 2/3
no flash
hand held

Dan Brown
05-02-2009, 10:30 AM
Hola Gary! Ditto on all that you said regarding the trip! I like your BG here! Cool bird Aye!

Juan Aragonés
05-02-2009, 10:42 AM
The head turn is very unusual but I have to say taht I like the result of this interesting composition. Love the light, soft and sweet, the fantastic rdetails of the plumage and the composition. The lack of direct eye contact is not great in most cases but I do not mind here because the bird seems to be very concentrated on what is happen out of the frame. Pura vida ;-)

Fabs Forns
05-02-2009, 11:44 AM
I love the composition and the BG, interestign bird in an original presentation. Well done!

Stu Bowie
05-02-2009, 12:05 PM
Nice and sharp, and love the posture. I just feel the BG needs to be darkened a bit.

Greg Basco
05-02-2009, 12:30 PM
Hi, Gary. I think this image works because of the unusual head angle and the resulting diagonal for the composition. Stuart's suggestion on the BG is something to consider though I think it works as is.

Thanks for the kind words on the trip -- your check is in the mail!

Cheers,
Greg Basco

Judy Lynn Malloch
05-02-2009, 01:40 PM
Very striking image and composition. Excellent detail and a very pleasing BG. Many thanks for sharing Gary

Doug Brown
05-02-2009, 06:22 PM
Boy Gary. I was wondering if you were ever going to post some photos from the tour :)! The strong diagonal of the image really makes a statement. I like the BG as presented, although I might be tempted to remove the diagonal lighter area on the left of the frame. Overall very nice!

Thanks for the compliments on the trip! It really was a great time. Looking forward to seeing more of your Costa Rica images!

Nicki Gwynn Jones
05-03-2009, 04:13 AM
Hi Gary!
Great to see your post, which, by the way, I like as presented. I think that the pale sky really makes the bird pop and the soft colours are beautiful.
Thanks for being such a great travelling companion - here's to the next trip!!
Best,
Nicki