PDA

View Full Version : Complementary Colors

Paul Lagasi
05-02-2009, 07:18 AM
After reading both interesting articles "A branch away from eternity, to tell or not to tell", Is it Real, or is it ... "Counterfeit"?.
For photos with heavy PP, I'd show both "Before and After" and let the viewer decide which image She or He, prefers. Most of us do some type of PP on our images.

With the image on the right below...Do Complementary colors work in images as in painting? The complementary color to yelow is purple, which I've added to the image

Is there some way in CS4 to select a color and adjust its intensity/brightness?

Thanks

Harold Davis
05-02-2009, 08:57 AM
Is there some way in CS4 to select a color and adjust its intensity/brightness?

Thanks

if you download the plug in Viveza, you can do just that. i use the same thing called a color control point in capture nx2. it is an awesome tool to have in your arsenal. other than that, i am too new with Ps to answer your question.

nice Ps work, btw. i'd maybe brighten the sky just a tad. nevermind, at second look, the sky looks great!

Jackie Schuknecht
05-02-2009, 10:13 AM
You can use colour range Paul. Select it as a mask and then adjust it. Funny how colour plays trick with your eyes, I thought the bird on the left was larger, but they are both the same aren't they??

Paul Lagasi
05-02-2009, 10:52 AM
Thanks Jackie and Harold ...yes both same size

Kerry Perkins
05-02-2009, 12:52 PM
Nice work Paul! How did you reclaim the details in the yellow highlights?

denise ippolito
05-02-2009, 02:06 PM
Paul, This link and David's explanation will answer your question completely.
http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/showthread.php?t=35243
I found the entire thread extremely educational and one to be read by all!!!

I like what you have done and good PP skills to remove the branch!

Paul Lagasi
05-02-2009, 02:33 PM
Kerry..If I remember correctly:
1: Shadow/Highlight..with more options open...Shadows slider at zero... Highlights...using Amount, Tonal Width, Radius until I brought out the details
2: Masked area, used Vibrance slider to bring out yellow, then adjust Saturation in same box to taste
3: Use clone tool to remove stubborn highlights...
4: Adjust brightness to suit, then sharpness

To the best of my memory...