PDA

View Full Version : Caspian Tern

Indranil Sircar
05-01-2009, 02:02 AM
I got this earlier today. The fish was active as it took off. I thought it would drop it. It did not and just flew off with few common terns after it. The background sky was overcast; not sure if I could have done something else with the exposure.

40D, Sigma 50-500mm @ 500mm
1/1600 sec, f/6.3, Mode: Av, Metering: Evaluative, Exp comp: +1 ISO: 400, hand held

Applied s/h, selective NR and selective sharpening. Any comments/feedback would be appreciated...

~ Indranil

Tony Whitehead
05-01-2009, 02:56 AM
Well caught, Indranil. The fish with backlit fins really makes this image. I would brighten it a bit by lifting the curve, targetting the tones under the wing as the point to lift from. Would also desat teh reds a bit to bring some detail back into the bill.

Lance Peters
05-01-2009, 03:18 AM
Hi - Tony's repost is on the money for my tastes. Love the action - that is some weird looking fish.

Stu Bowie
05-01-2009, 03:41 AM
Well captured to have the fish in his beak. Tony has done a great job with bringing out the detail.

Indranil Sircar
05-01-2009, 10:01 AM
Thanks you Tony for the showing the way to change the curve and desaturate the red. It definitly pops-up now.

Lance, the fish does look wiered. Can't figure out from other shots either. May be it is the viewing angle.