PDA

View Full Version : Close

wendell westfall
04-30-2009, 01:37 PM
D70s 70-200VR&2X@400 1/2000 f5.6 ISO400 -2/3EV

I went to the same place as two days ago and photographed the Avocets again. It was early morning and I had pretty good light. This time, after cropping heavily, I bumped up the Clarity adjustment in LR2 and added a little Contrast; then I used NR and Sharpening. I'd liked to have got more definition in the blacks. I like the pose of the two; they were chasing each other from time to time but not mating. Would appreciate criticism, please.

Wendell

Lance Peters
04-30-2009, 03:36 PM
HI Wendell - some of the whites look a tad bright on my screen - I think the main issue here is one of seperation between the two birds, I feel that you have to look really hard to work out what is what - a bit more seperation between the two would have helped them each be clearly defined and improved the image.

Two good HA!!! Like the low angle :)

Katie Rupp
04-30-2009, 04:19 PM
Hi Wendell, I like the bright color of the water and as Lance said, you have two good HA's---I agree on the need for more separation.

Gus Cobos
04-30-2009, 07:24 PM
Hi Wendell,
Mr. Peters covered the techs. very nicely...looking forward to your next one...:cool:

Alfred Forns
04-30-2009, 09:31 PM
The main thing is the merging beak with the other bird Separation is the key !!! One of the advantages of the crop is the tremendous dof !!