PDA

View Full Version : Hungry

Juan Aragonés
04-30-2009, 09:40 AM
One from my last visit to Doñana. I went to try to get some decent images of squacco heron but I ebded spending a good amount of time with a barn swallow family. Eight fledglings were perched in the wires of a fence claiming for food... a lot of work for the parents ;-)

I am not a big fan of the perch but it seems that the swallows like it a lot. I know that the wire needs some rotation and I tried to do it but I prefer the original result.

More images from the same series and a 100% crop of the heads in my blog

As always, your comments and critics are highly apreciated

Nikon D2X AFS Nikkor 300VR +1,4X supported by the frame of my car´s windows, 1/1600s f4,5 manual exposure ISO 400 about 98% full frame

Nate Chappell
04-30-2009, 11:05 AM
Great interaction you captured nicely here Juan, congrats.

John Chardine
04-30-2009, 11:10 AM
Beautiful Juan. Great action, nice soft light and a beautiful BG. I like the way the bird being fed has its feet turned in opposite directions!

Daniel Cadieux
04-30-2009, 11:32 AM
Very nice, and good thing you did not rotate the wire as I like its angle as is (although I am not a big fan of the actual wire either). Judging from the young one's feet it looks like it was facing the other way just before (cool how they are perch in alternate directions). I just wish the adult's face wasn't lost in the young one's wing so much, but I still like it alot. Super interaction!

Axel Hildebrandt
04-30-2009, 12:00 PM
I like the interaction, details, light and BG in this one. Could you have moved to your right for more separation?

Stu Bowie
04-30-2009, 01:17 PM
Brilliant timing with the youngster waiting for his food. I think you have exposed these guys very well, as at times they are difficult to expose correctly, especially on the blues. Lovely BG in this too. Great capture Juan.

denise ippolito
04-30-2009, 06:19 PM
Juan, Beautiful details and action!Great BG also-Very nice!!

Juan Carlos Vindas
04-30-2009, 09:43 PM
Hola Juan.

I agree about moving to the right for some separation, but I know they don't wait.

Very nice moment and BG.

Ákos Lumnitzer
05-01-2009, 01:16 AM
All nits aside, your image is a killer Juan. I am in awe! Congratulations buddy. :)

Juan Aragonés
05-01-2009, 03:28 AM
Thank you so much for your input guys :)
It was not possible to move the right because there were eight fledglings perched in different points of the wire and it was not possible to predict who was the next one to be feed by the parents because the action is really, really fast