PDA

View Full Version : White Daffodil 1

Anita Bower
04-30-2009, 03:43 AM
Nikon D300, 105mm macro, f45*, 0.80 sec, ISO 200, auto WB, pattern metering, manual exposure, manual focus, tripod, indoors, natural light. PP: RAW conversion in Elemlents 7, editing PS7, slight crop. *(A few words about the EXIF data. My new camera and macro lens record the relative or effective f stop, not the one seen on the lens. For an explanation of this, go to the next to the last question at this site (http://www.jeffree.co.uk/pages/macro-faqs.html).)<O:p</O:p

Joseph Martines
04-30-2009, 04:48 PM
Just beautiful!!

Whites are such a tough color to capture and still maintain texture.

A wonderful composition.

I think I would have tried to lift the center of the flower up a little in the crop if possible.

denise ippolito
04-30-2009, 06:08 PM
Anita, I just got a chance to read the link. I wanted to before I commented on this. I think the focus is fine, I do see some clipped whites on the top back petal and the right front and back petals. I do like your choice of composition and I love white Daffodils!! The high -key is nice also.

Julie Kenward
04-30-2009, 07:04 PM
I was wondering about clipped whites...those back petals are really WHITE! I think this is well composed and love that shock of color in the center...I just really wish this were on a colored BG to really set those whites off. And you know me...I like white BG's...but this almost loses those back petals and it would have been nice to see it pop against something instead. Still a nice image...but I think it could have been even stronger.

John Christian
04-30-2009, 11:07 PM
Good show! You have to tell me how you get your whites so white.

PS

Don't tell me bleach! :p

Bruce Murden
05-01-2009, 12:03 AM
Yes, the pop of color against white-on-white, placed nicely in the corner of the frame, looks lovely!

Anita Bower
05-01-2009, 05:52 AM
Thank you all for your feedback. Now that it is pointed out, I see the clipped whites. Went back to look at original file to understand what I did. I'm just learning to shoot whites!

denise ippolito
05-01-2009, 06:40 AM
Anita, Keep shooting whites-because your white on white comp. looks really lovely.

Mike Moats
05-01-2009, 03:27 PM
Hey Anita, I like it clipped whites and all. It has a nice painted look, and love the positioning of the flower.