PDA

View Full Version : Rainforest Jewels

Juan Carlos Vindas
04-29-2009, 09:02 PM
A very common species on the Caribbean side of CR.

I was lucky this guy was up since they are nocturnal.

Canon 30D
Canon 35-350@350mm
ISO 400
AV
f/8
1/40sec.
Tripod

(Red-eyed tree Frog)

denise ippolito
04-30-2009, 06:12 PM
Juan, Wow! I like the details and the clear eye! Very nice composition I wish he were a tiny bit more to the left. The diagonal pattern of the leaf adds alot.Well done!

Julie Kenward
04-30-2009, 07:00 PM
Love the pop of colors in this one! I think he looks like a puppy who's just been told to "sit." Love the placement on the leaf...wouldn't mind a little more face but this is also very nice.

My one suggestion would be to figure out how to bring down the tones in the back leg. It's so bright it keeps pulling my eyes away from that gorgeous frog face.

Juan Carlos Vindas
04-30-2009, 09:36 PM
Love the pop of colors in this one! I think he looks like a puppy who's just been told to "sit." Love the placement on the leaf...wouldn't mind a little more face but this is also very nice.

My one suggestion would be to figure out how to bring down the tones in the back leg. It's so bright it keeps pulling my eyes away from that gorgeous frog face.

Thank you Julie and Denise for your comments.

Both suggestions are good and well received.

jc

Mike Moats
05-01-2009, 03:30 PM
Hey Juan you are a lucky guy to have a great looking critter like this to shoot. Very nice details and great colors. Well done.

Roman Kurywczak
05-03-2009, 11:00 AM
Hi Juan,
Agree with Jules on the slight darkening of the legs. That is one stunning frog! If you get another opportunity I may try a comp with the frog slightly towards you of copletely parallel....this may give a nicer profile.

Randy Stout
05-05-2009, 04:36 PM
Juan:

Both my wife and daughter really love frogs, so I always enjoy those images. I was also struck by the lighting mentioned by others, so took a quick pass at evening out the color/brightness of this fellow. I haven't seen one in person, but tried to match the bright areas to the color/brightness of the head.

Just an option for you to consider.

Cheers

Randy

Juan Carlos Vindas
05-05-2009, 09:45 PM
Juan:

Both my wife and daughter really love frogs, so I always enjoy those images. I was also struck by the lighting mentioned by others, so took a quick pass at evening out the color/brightness of this fellow. I haven't seen one in person, but tried to match the bright areas to the color/brightness of the head.

Just an option for you to consider.

Cheers

Randy

Thank you Randy!

Your repost certainly looks way better than mine, I wish I would know how to make these changes.

Randy Stout
05-06-2009, 07:23 AM
Juan:

You did all the hard work here!

I am a Nikon shooter so use Nikon Capture NX2 for a lot of my post processing. It will work with most raw files, jpegs and tiffs. It has a tool called the color control point, which allows you to isolate an area and make changes there, without layers, masks, etc. It is also non destructive.

Again, it is a very fine image, I just polished it a bit for you!

Cheers

Randy