PDA

View Full Version : Ft. Desoto Sunrise

Rocky Sharwell
01-01-2008, 08:03 PM
This image was taken almost two years ago---I was about halfway to the Venice Rookery on a ridiculously cold and windy morning in January of 2006. As soon as I saw "leopard spot" clouds in the dark sky I turned around around and headed to Fort Desoto. When I got to to the East Beach turnaround area I bundled up into full Bosque sunrise clothing and waded into the water as it was super low tide. After sunrise I was so cold I went to Skyway Jack's for breakfast and called it a day.

The red chanel is over exposed--I processed this two years ago and want to give it another crack so any suggestions would be welcomed.

Canon 1D MkII, 28-135IS, 1/8 @F18 ISO 400

Maxis Gamez
01-01-2008, 08:05 PM
Hello Rocky,

This is impressive, what a lovely light and the colors are simply amazing. The reds don't bother me at all but I like vivid images. Excellent capture!

David Kennedy
01-01-2008, 08:37 PM
Hey, Rocky!!!

If you want to try working on the reds, I would see what the color adjustments in Lightroom would do for you.

Rocky Sharwell
01-01-2008, 09:12 PM
Good idea David....I was in a panic because I could not find the raw files of this series of images...and found them at 3am before I headed to NY for the holidays...

Chris Ober
01-01-2008, 09:43 PM
I know this bridge :) Great colors and the whites and yellow in those clouds is cool. Watch that level and maybe cut a little off the bottom I think.

Robert Amoruso
01-01-2008, 10:20 PM
Hi Rocky,

Nice to see you posting here. The saturation is not a real problem. You could reprocess it from scratch in ACR and see if you get any recovery there. I would be interested in working on the RAW.

I would crop off more on the bottom. I would also go with a pano of the bridge and sky with little water int he FG. It looks a bit "crunchy" to me. Sharpening or perhaps JPG artifacts.

Rocky Sharwell
01-03-2008, 07:44 AM
Robert--

I agree it is crunchy--I would bet it is oversharpening-compunded by jpeg compression.

I tried last night to reprocess in ACR--but it looked awful and got only slightly better with further tweaking. I havent had the time to figure what I was doing wrong as I am not that good with ACR.

Breezebrowser's conversion looked better so I may just work off of that...