PDA

View Full Version : Northern Wheatear

Rosl Roessner
04-28-2009, 01:57 PM
Hi,
this is one of the portraits I made from the male Northern Wheatear, a quite uncommon bird at our part of Germany.

Mark III, Canon 500 + 2x TC, (UUH, I love that big lens!!!!:))
1/640 sec/ f 9 / ISO 500

Al Comments very welcome!

Axel Hildebrandt
04-28-2009, 02:07 PM
I like the eye contact, BG and you handled the harsh light well. I would sharpen the bird less.

Rosl Roessner
04-28-2009, 02:15 PM
Hi Axel,
this is funny, because I always get the comment "you could sharpen the bird a bit more" in the BPN Forum, I did an extra sharpening with this image before uploading it.... So, I am happy, that there was no need to do that :)

Alexander Koenders
04-28-2009, 03:56 PM
Hi loveley lady

I like the birs as presented do i wished fore less light. Perhaps that wil olso resolve the sharpnesproblem?

I hope that the shorteared owls will breed this time on that spot so we can pay them a visit after our lesbostour. I will be in Lesbos from the 1 untill the 8 of may do we'lle leave urley on the 8the. I geuss we have to make a appointment on the 7 of may somewhere on the island:)

I hope we'lle see eacother over there.

Greetings and kisses

alexander

Peter Hawrylyshyn
04-28-2009, 06:36 PM
Lovely bird with a nice HA against a perfect soft BG. Very nicely done under the harsh lighting.

Agree with Axel about the sharpening - looks overdone on my monitor.

Did you consider straightening the post?

Fabs Forns
04-28-2009, 07:36 PM
Very nice pose and BG, wit gradated blues and greens. Bird looks crispy as mentioned and Peter's idea of straightening sounds good. Keep them coming!

Stu Bowie
04-29-2009, 12:28 AM
Lovely pose, and exposure looks good. A sign of oversharpening is on the top of the wing, between the black and grey, those silver parts on the feathers ( crunchy bits ).

Ramon M. Casares
04-29-2009, 12:36 AM
Agree that it loks a bit oversharpened, but I like it, it has nice light, pose and BG. Congratulatinos!

Rosl Roessner
05-01-2009, 12:26 PM
Thank you for all your comments.
I don't feel too happy with the straightened perch, because I think the bird gets out of balance and the trees in the BG too.
But I understand the idea. :)
Thanks for working with my image!