PDA

View Full Version : Adult Bearded Vulture

Dave Barnes
04-28-2009, 07:32 AM
http://www.thedwbgallery.com/images/_MG_7526.jpg

A photo that was taken in May last year and only processed last week. This has not been posted anywhere yet.
I am due to go to Giant Castle hide in the middle of May and I was looking through my previous shots to see what I could/should improve on.

I have added some canvas on the right.

All comments are welcome.

Canon 30D
Canon 500 f4
SS 1/1600
App f8
ISO 800

It was cloudy but bright.
All comments welcome.

Kobus Tollig
04-28-2009, 09:51 AM
Your best i have seen of them. Like the close up and well exposed. Well done

Ramon M. Casares
04-28-2009, 10:23 AM
Cloudy but bright, preety much the best light there is IMHO.
Great pose, lovely head angle, amazing BG, good comp and excellent light and detail, colors are stiunning and the species is just killing me! Congratulations!

Ilija Dukovski
04-28-2009, 11:48 AM
Superb, great light, detail color, BG excellent...
On top of that it is a flight shot with unusuall but great pose, HA etc....
Congrats!

Daniel Cadieux
04-28-2009, 11:53 AM
A little tight top and bottom, a could use another round of sharpening. Awesome BG, nice gliding pose, and I like the colours of the feathers on the body and legs. Not sure if it was close enough for fill-flash, but it would have done good here - the head looks fine, but the body looks a little darkish and shaded. Looking forward to what you'll bring back from Giant Castle.

Stu Bowie
04-28-2009, 12:18 PM
Lovely posture, and I like the curved body Dave. Excellent detail throughout, with an amazing BG. I agree with Daniel being a bit tight, but I would have maybe added to the bottom too.

Chris Kotze
04-29-2009, 12:05 PM
Super pose and excellent colours and feather detail. Enjoy your next trip Dave

Dave Barnes
04-30-2009, 12:09 AM
Thanks to all for looking and for comments.
Daniel it was close enough for fill flash but the hide, camera openings did not make it possible, the only way would be with a remote set up, but then there would be no way to focus the flash and would be hit and miss. Have thought of having an adapter made to mount flash on the front end of the lens.

Juan Aragonés
05-01-2009, 04:14 AM
It is a bit tight in the frame but a fantastic pose and BG. terrific eye contact and nice light. Another round of sharpenening for web presentation would be mbetter. Superb image