PDA

View Full Version : Post Coital Cuddle "isn’t love grand?"

Christopher C.M. Cooke
04-28-2009, 07:07 AM
Our two Stilts, what can only be described as a moment of affection post mating, they stayed like this for a few minutes prior to walking off together heads touching (next episode)

My wife suggested that many males in our society take notice of just how we can learn from our feathered friends.

Captured Canon EOS-1D MKIII, 300mm f/4 L IS, sRGB, 1/2500 sec. f/5, ISO 200, Pattern metering, AP, 0 step

file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Chris/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-9.jpg

Scott Frye
04-28-2009, 01:30 PM
Nice behavior shot and you got the red eyes. Reflection looks good and you might get a bit more detail in the whites by going minus EC -- I usually go -2/3 EC when shooting the stilts.

Axel Hildebrandt
04-28-2009, 02:01 PM
I like the behavior and that you included the reflection. You could tone down the whites more, add a bit canvas at the top and there are some repetitive patterns at the top, probably from cloning.

Ákos Lumnitzer
04-28-2009, 10:21 PM
Well done Chris. Agreed about hot whites. I would try a vertical crop. I'm hoping to check my gmail later tonight when I get home. (know what I mean) :)

denise ippolito
04-30-2009, 07:18 AM
Chris, I just love the overall image-it's adorable! The reflection really adds to this IMO. Good advice already given

Christopher C.M. Cooke
04-30-2009, 08:37 AM
Thanks folks, I must admit that these photos grab my heart rather than my eye and I make no apologies for that.

This forum has the most beautiful photos on the web and I will not try to compete but simply post what I enjoy.

I am a wildlife photographer not an artist but I am learning how to improve my work but will always lean in the direction of reality and faithful reproduction rather than the superb image.

I love my animals in their natural state and that will never change.

Thank you all for your help.