PDA

View Full Version : The Yawn

Adams Serra
04-27-2009, 04:21 PM
This guy was the only action at Estero Lagoon last Friday afternoon.

MK III
F 8.0
1/1000
ISO 800
500mm x 2tc
Manual Exposure

All comments are appreciated.

Grady Weed
04-27-2009, 04:49 PM
I'd say if this was all the action, then you got all the action. Well done Adam. Nice smooth light and colorations, love the sheen in the blacks. The open beak, curved upper beak, the looking up look, a slight blue mouth, breeding signs. I also like the wind blown top hairs. The emerald eye is killer. I like the crop.

Can you post more of the specs, like is this full frame, how far away were you. etc.

Adams Serra
04-27-2009, 05:07 PM
I'd say if this was all the action, then you got all the action. Well done Adam. Nice smooth light and colorations, love the sheen in the blacks. The open beak, curved upper beak, the looking up look, a slight blue mouth, breeding signs. I also like the wind blown top hairs. The emerald eye is killer. I like the crop.

Can you post more of the specs, like is this full frame, how far away were you. etc.
Hi Grady, I only crop about 1/2'' of the top. I was laying flat on the sand at 14.5m away from the bird.

Doug Brown
04-27-2009, 05:32 PM
Great pose and composition! Nice sharpness for 1000mm. I would be inclined to do a levels adjustment and make the blacks just a little blacker.

Fabs Forns
04-27-2009, 05:46 PM
Terrific golden light colors. Isn't it great when they go back like that?
I would selectively sharpen the eye some more. Very nice composition, well done, Adam.

Ramon M. Casares
04-27-2009, 06:14 PM
Terrific! Stunning pose, great light and colors, lovely BG and detail exposure looks right on and comp is great IMO. Congratualions!

Ákos Lumnitzer
04-27-2009, 06:23 PM
Excellent light and details with the action topping it all off! :) Congrats Adams.

Alfred Forns
04-27-2009, 08:00 PM
Maybe you didn't get that many birds but sure came out with one fine keeper !!! Love this image ... great behavior and what a bg !!! Just Fabs suggestion Big Congrats !!!!!

Stu Bowie
04-27-2009, 11:56 PM
Excellent exposure on the blacks, and this is super sharp. I like the pose, with the open beak, and what a killer BG. Great image.

Phil Ertel
04-28-2009, 06:27 PM
I love the pose. The vertical compositions works works well here. I also really like the background the transition of color is very nice. Love the eyes on these birds (agree with Fab's suggestion). Overall very nice. Thanks for sharing.