PDA

View Full Version : Factory Butte

Rich Ikerd
04-27-2009, 04:16 PM
Factory Butte, San Rafael Swell, Utah
D2X, 24-70mm @ 44, f/16 @ 1/15 sec, iso 100

Another image from the emptiness between Capitol Reef National Park and Moab. It really is other-wordly, since there is little to no vegetation anywhere for miles in the particular area.

Ed Cordes
04-27-2009, 09:58 PM
Nice light! It does look like a scene from Mars. Could be just the perspective, but it looks like a slight CCW rotation would eliminate the uphill to the left look.

John Ippolito
04-28-2009, 04:44 AM
Lovely light and comp, Rich. This is is one of my favorite areas to wander around at first/last light, or just get lost for a few days. Well done.

Roman Kurywczak
04-28-2009, 09:05 AM
Hey Rich,
Very nice light here and I like the layers of rocks and boulders in the FG leading up to factory butte. I always drive by here at the worst times.....so while i found it interesting.....it was unremarkable.......this has changed my opinion as the light really made this shine and I even like the soft tone of the sky. If it is leaning.....i really don't mind either as i like the fact the top slopes down......gives a focal point to the butte. Very nicely done.

Michael Pancier
04-28-2009, 01:04 PM
agree it looks alien....love the soft light

Rich Ikerd
04-28-2009, 01:27 PM
Definitely a place to be at sunrise only. Just a few minutes after this and everything was a wonderful shade of gray!