PDA

View Full Version : Bloodroot

Roman Kurywczak
04-27-2009, 03:37 PM
From Friday....when the temp went to summer here in NJ. Been quite whacky to say the least. 30 degrees above normal. I was watching this bloodroot wilt right B4 my eyes. It was very sunny out and I tried composing with the sun just peeking in through the tree canopy. The BG was a moss covered rock right next to it.....so didn't have to add a prop and while the sun shots turned out OK......I pulled out the diffuser (which I forgot to mention I used in yesterday's post) and also propped up the reflector next to it to bounce some light back....final shot was with the mt 24 twin lights as fill flash in manual at 1/32 power.
Canon 1D mark 3 with the sigma 180mm macro for 1/80 sec at f32 and ISO 800 hand held.

denise ippolito
04-28-2009, 06:42 AM
Roman, Lokks great the different composition w/ the leaf I find interesting and your BG is great. Lots of detail in your whites and the back of that leaf is perfect!!

Anita Bower
04-29-2009, 06:37 AM
I like the way you got the leaf up next to the open flower. I find that difficult to achieve with Bloodroot. The BG works really well here.

What do you think about brightening it up a bit?

Lovely image.