PDA

View Full Version : Chasing Swifty

Mike Tracy
04-27-2009, 07:38 AM
From a fun day of shooting at the dog track. These dogs really move out !

Judy Lynn Malloch
04-27-2009, 08:10 AM
Great action captured in this image Mike. Love the earth that has been kicked up and the excellent color, sharpness and detail. Awesome ! Many thanks for sharing.

Alfred Forns
04-27-2009, 08:11 AM
Impressive animals and do love to run !!! Glad there are some rescue organizations helping them out once the racing is over !!

Marina Scarr
04-27-2009, 08:57 AM
Wonderful action here. Love the ears in the air and the kicked up dirt. For a final product, I would want to get rid of the dark spots in the top right. All of your dogs near the front are sharp, and I love the fact that they are all different colors. What a great idea!

Gus Cobos
04-27-2009, 04:54 PM
Excellent capture Mike, I always love a good dog race...I like the perspective...:cool:

Harold Davis
04-27-2009, 06:04 PM
way cool, deuce!! awesome action and the dof is really nice!

Ákos Lumnitzer
04-28-2009, 01:47 AM
THank God there are good people who rescue these animals. Unlike the piece of worthless cr@p of a so-called human being in the story here (http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,23075756-29277,00.html)from Sydney.

Give me five minutes alone with this xxxhole!

Sorry, don't mean to put a damper on it.

I do very much love the image Mike. :)

Mike Tracy
04-28-2009, 05:51 AM
THank God there are good people who rescue these animals. Unlike the piece of worthless cr@p of a so-called human being in the story here (http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,23075756-29277,00.html)from Sydney.

Give me five minutes alone with this xxxhole!

Sorry, don't mean to put a damper on it.

I do very much love the image Mike. :)

I was going to initially post a do not bring ethics into it line. It was a paid shoot and I also had a blast doing it. I took the position in my mind that it was no different then a photojournalist covering a conflict. He / she might not agree with the reasons behind it but it's his job to record it.

Thanks for liking my image.

Jim Poor
04-28-2009, 01:48 PM
Great action for these guys for sure.

Ákos Lumnitzer
04-28-2009, 10:01 PM
I was going to initially post a do not bring ethics into it line. It was a paid shoot and I also had a blast doing it. I took the position in my mind that it was no different then a photojournalist covering a conflict. He / she might not agree with the reasons behind it but it's his job to record it.

Thanks for liking my image.

Hi Mike,

I was not meant to comment on the racing of the hounds itself it's just that the story I linked popped into my mind. I am sure that there are far more good than bad owners, as luckily we don't often hear cases like the one I mentioned.

It would be a blast to see these doggies run! :)

Bob Shaw
04-30-2009, 08:13 AM
Great shot Mike! Perfect DOF on such a fast moving subject. I am very interested in the specs for this one.

Arthur Morris
05-16-2009, 06:48 PM
Ammzing grouping and amazingly sharp. I love everything but the o-o-f rabbit.