PDA

View Full Version : Simplicity

Mike Fuhr
04-26-2009, 09:44 PM
Looking for things to take pictures of now that spring has sprung here. I've been admiring vines with these curly climbers, and finally decided to give it a shot. Went for simplicity. This is my favorite although I want to go back and get them with some water droplets. C and C welcome.

D50
100-300mm
170mm
F5.6 (-.67)
ISO 200

Kaushik Balakumar
04-27-2009, 05:39 AM
Like the spiraling pattern here Mike. A simple & nice frame.
Some experimenting with lighting might add some drama to the frame.
(i.e. rim-lighting, flash usage etc). No nits - just alternate thoughts...

denise ippolito
04-27-2009, 06:04 AM
Mike, It's an interesting image and I think the water droplets will add alot to this!! Beautiful BG.

Roman Kurywczak
04-27-2009, 08:46 AM
Hey Mike,
Love the thought process and the subject. BG handled very nicely too. I do like Kaushik's ideas to play around with in the field next time......some drmatic lighting will even further make this pop. remember.....it doesn't have to be natural...just look it......using a flashlight or flash to sidelight it will also work....just keep it in mind when you are out experimenting.

Fabs Forns
04-27-2009, 08:58 AM
I like the idea very much, but feel the twig is too centered. Here's an alternate crop.

John Christian
04-27-2009, 09:16 AM
I like the image but the new comp does set it off some more.

Mike Fuhr
04-27-2009, 03:01 PM
I like the crop -- does add something of a pop. I'll post some more once I get a chance to go back this week. What's the chance I can find the same one???? Thanks for all the comments.

Julie Kenward
04-27-2009, 03:44 PM
Mike, these will be all over the place where honeysuckle grows wild in the parks...now is a great time to find them because the bushes are still just beginning to bud.

I like your overall image but agree with Fabs' crop. These are fun to play with...one of my favorite subjects when nothing else is around to photograph.

Mike Fuhr
04-27-2009, 06:48 PM
I know -- I just want to find that same one for comparison!!

Mike Moats
04-28-2009, 05:58 AM
Hey Mike, I like the comp and agree on fabs crop, the original had to much negative space, tighter crop works better. Good job on the BG.

Thomas Herou
04-28-2009, 03:43 PM
Very cool pattern.I'm thinking of coverting it to B/W with a little splash of grain
to take away the focus from the green BG and making the pattern more prominent.
But I'm of course a B/W-lover,and I really like the old feel of grain.