PDA

View Full Version : And now, the Princess.

Ramon M. Casares
04-26-2009, 08:33 PM
Well, after the Adult female, a big grup of about 15 Andean Condors flew over and below us for a while, here I present you the princess of the sky, a sub-adult female, here the light was the same but as the bird was lower than me the result is better IMO. Hope you like it, enjoy!
C&C welcome!

MarkII
1/1000Seg.
F6.3
+1
ISO 500
300mm f4

Axel Hildebrandt
04-26-2009, 08:37 PM
Great topside view, details and BG. I would give it more room, though. The light angle is better than in the previous one.

Randy Stout
04-26-2009, 08:38 PM
Ramon:

Thanks for showing us more. These are birds that most of us will never see in person.

She is built a bit lighter than the adult. Nice and sharp, wing tip to wing tip. I like the diagonal comp, but is just a bit tight for my taste.

I wonder if it would be possible to lighten up the area around the eye just a bit, to show off that red eye a bit more.

Once again, thanks so much for sharing!

Randy

PS: Sorry, Axel and I were typing at the same time again! I have to learn to type faster I guess.

Adams Serra
04-26-2009, 08:44 PM
Hi Ramon,
What a amazing wingspan on this bird. I like the top view and BG. I agree with Axel about having a little more room.

Adams

Phil Ertel
04-26-2009, 08:45 PM
Very lovely bird with a great view of the topside. Great detail and I also like the diagonal presentation. Just enough detail in the background to show the environment. Might be a little tight but very nice as presented.

Fabs Forns
04-26-2009, 09:36 PM
You are killing me buddy, so glad you had this opportunity of very little seen birds.

Ed Cordes
04-26-2009, 09:52 PM
This one has much more detail and the red eye is more apparent. Man, what an experience!

Ákos Lumnitzer
04-26-2009, 09:53 PM
Wonderful topside view amigo. I like it and would want a little more room too. Glad to see you back! :)

Ramon M. Casares
04-26-2009, 11:39 PM
Here's a repost, with more room and a different PP, please let me know what you think. Thanks!

Ákos Lumnitzer
04-26-2009, 11:50 PM
I like the repost. Big improvement IMHO. The original, now that I looked again, seemed to have a slight magenta cast that you had rectified. I like the extra space too. Congrats amigo! :) Muy bien.

Ramon M. Casares
04-27-2009, 12:01 AM
Thanks for comming back Akos, I apreciete your opinion!

Stu Bowie
04-27-2009, 01:31 AM
I like your repost much better - more room and the darkened BG works so well. Love the view from the top, showing excellent detail. Amazing wingspread these guys have. Congrats, and thanks for sharing.

Juan Aragonés
04-27-2009, 06:32 AM
Ramón that is a great wing span! I didn´t see the king or queen but the princess lokks fantastic. The light is a bit harsh but you managed well to get this image with very few dark/shadow areas. Te top side view is very good and I love the texture of the feathers in the back. The repost looks much better than the original and I agree with Akos about the magenta cast.

Alexander Koenders
04-27-2009, 07:59 AM
Ola Ramon,

This is one of my dreammomments to encounter this princes of the birds in real live. Thanks fore showing.

Indranil Sircar
04-27-2009, 10:49 AM
I have now visited this post three times just to see the magnificent bird and its wing span. Excellent capture in all respect and the repost is better. Thanks for sharing.

Judy Lynn Malloch
04-27-2009, 10:57 AM
The only condor I have ever seen was in the zoo in Buenos Aires. They are magnificent and you did a superb job in capturing their beauty and showing off the incredible wing span. Love this image Ramon . What a thrill it must be to see them flying freely. Big congratulations and thanks for sharing.

Ramon M. Casares
04-27-2009, 09:29 PM
Thanks for your comments guys! I apreciate them a lot, I am glad you're enjoying this series!

Dave Barnes
04-28-2009, 12:07 AM
I sure did enjoy this series. I might be in the minority here but I preferred the original BG as the bird pops more there. I am not sure what the correct colours are, but do also prefer the feather detail and colour of your first post.