PDA

View Full Version : Snow Goose

Paul Lagasi
04-26-2009, 07:06 PM
My Wife asked me to drive her to a Karate tournament in Quebec City this weekend (she won 2nd place). It allowed me to visit Cap-Tormente Reserve just outside of Ste-Anne du Beaupre, a major stop over point for Snow Geese on their migration north. I wasn't disappointed, over 100,000 geese in the area. I managed to get great upgrade photos for my collection, Blue, White and Juvenile..even managed to find a Ross's Goose, at an extreme crop. I could get fairly close, tried to get some up close flight shots and landing shots.

D300
300 2.8
f8
1/2000
iso-640
ev +0.3
handheld

Randy Stout
04-26-2009, 07:56 PM
Paul:

Gear appears to be down and locked, on final approach.

Some loss in detail on the leading edge of the wing, possibly a little hot on exposure, versus some detail loss from the crop.

You might be able to bring up the shadows a bit with shadow recovery. I might give the tiniest bit more space on the left, down the glide path.

Glad you got out to enjoy the migration!

I guess you don't mess with your wife if you know what is good for you!

Randy

Phil Ertel
04-26-2009, 08:53 PM
The big crop didn't help with the details but not to bad. I might try and desaturate the blue a little as the sky a bit intense for my personal taste. Thanks for sharing

Ed Cordes
04-26-2009, 09:50 PM
Nice flight image. I agree RE the blue being intense. However, I like the shadows as is since they look natural. The leading edge of the wings are a bit hot.

Paul Lagasi
04-26-2009, 09:56 PM
Thanks for comments.....It was a great blue sky that day (no PP), I will work on the hot spots....Paul