PDA

View Full Version : Unique Peacock Pose

Mark Theriot
04-26-2009, 04:16 PM
This is a strange looking pose - but I thought it was unique enough to keep it.

400mm at 6.7 AV (100-400L lens). Processed in Aperture.

Thanks!

Mark

Alfred Forns
04-26-2009, 06:01 PM
Big Warm Welcome Mark !!!!

.... I would keep it also !!! I like how you got the head to one side If anything might bring the head down just a tad but its a strong composition.

Good exposure, bg and sharp Can't ask for much more !! btw processing in Aperture looks mighty fine !!!

Gus Cobos
04-26-2009, 07:01 PM
Hi Mark,
A big warm welcome to the BPN family...I like your composition...the color rendition is good showing fine details in the feathers...I like the frontal view on your subject...looking forward to your next one...:cool:

Lance Peters
04-27-2009, 03:36 AM
HI Mark - a big warm welcome to the BPN Family - nice first post, Gus and AL have the techs covered, nice background also.
keep them coming :)

Ákos Lumnitzer
04-27-2009, 04:22 AM
Welcome Mark. There is everything to like about this peacock. Nice eye contact is a must and you have nailed that perfectly. BG is complementary so you are on track! :)

Mark Theriot
04-27-2009, 05:52 PM
Thanks everyone, nice to be here! My focus (no pun intended!) has been mainly automobiles but the wife and I are really enjoying getting back to nature! Really having fun learning - and not looking too clumsy walking around with a tripod and big honking lens on it! (most of my automotive stuff was hand-held with a 200 max focal distance)

Here is the other one that miss peacock was kind enough to pose for:
400mm @F/6.7 and processed with Aperture.

Mark