PDA

View Full Version : Oregon Coast in May?

Roger Clark
04-25-2009, 10:37 PM
I'm thinking of driving the Oregon coast in May. While I grew up in Seattle and know the Washington coast quite well (I've hiked a lot of it), but I've never visited the Oregon coast. Recommendations for the best photo locations are welcome, both scenics as well as wildlife appreciated. Best bird locations? I'll do the usual google searches, but I thought I would ask all the experts here.

Katie Rupp
04-29-2009, 03:00 PM
Roger, I moved from Oregon four years ago but two of my favorite spots on the coast for scenics are Bandon in the south and Canon Beach west of Portland. See Haystack Rock at Canon Beach and the beach in Bandon is great for sunrise/sunset; starfish, the lighthouse and if you're lucky, silhouetted horseback riders. This was before I discovered birds so hopefully someone else will give you bird tips.

Roger Clark
05-23-2009, 06:13 PM
Katie,
Thanks for the advice. I did the Oregon coast last week. I had great weather and a couple of nice sunsets. I agree, that Bandon and Canon beach are the highlights. From your advice, I spent the most time in Bandon. I gotta go back! I'll process my images after work settles down, hopefully soon.