PDA

View Full Version : Killdeer Chick

Adams Serra
04-25-2009, 08:17 PM
I have been babysitting this Killdeer nest for 3 weeks, finally last night 2 eggs hatched and the last one early this morning. To my surprise when I came back this afternoon all the birds were gone!! I sat there for a while then I saw the hole family walking about 50 feet away from the nest.

MKIII
F 8.0
1/1250
Iso 1250
600 x 2tc
Manual exposure

All comments are appreciated

Ed Cordes
04-25-2009, 08:26 PM
Cute little one! The high key effect makes it look like a painting. A little less room on the right might help.

Randy Stout
04-25-2009, 09:05 PM
Adams:

A striking image. Your low shooting angle and very limited DOF have really isolated the little guy. Excellent exposure. I agree with Ed re: cropping, and might even remove a bit from the top as well.

Thanks for sharing!

Randy

Ilija Dukovski
04-25-2009, 11:09 PM
I wish I could afford such high ISO:(. Very nice high-key image.
I really like the effect of the light sand composed with the light
bird's body in contrast to the dark stripe pattern.
Good work!

Lorant Voros
04-25-2009, 11:50 PM
Fantastic shot. I love the perfect exposure and the focus on the little one. I even like the crop as it is. Congrats for this image.

Stu Bowie
04-26-2009, 04:43 AM
Low angle, DOF, stunning light, pastel colours, cuteness factor, what else can you ask for. Great image. Hopefully, you will get to see them grow.

denise ippolito
04-26-2009, 07:07 AM
Adams, I love it!! The softness of the BG and FG are great. I esp. like the low angle. I like it as presented.

Marina Scarr
04-26-2009, 10:13 PM
Hi Adams: Your patience and persistence has paid off! This is a wonderful capture. Nice and sharp. Well exposed with nice detail. I think it does need some off of the right side. If it had some kind of vegetation on the right to ground it, the composition would work but it only has sand. This capture has a softness/gentleness to it that matches the subject!