PDA

View Full Version : Feather On Stump

Mike Moats
04-25-2009, 03:33 PM
Here's another stump shot, this time with a turkey feather I found. Still a week away from things popping here, seems to take forever,

Fuji S5, Tamron 90, F/32, Natural Light, Tripod.

dawn campbell
04-25-2009, 03:46 PM
This is very striking with all the texture and the gold tones--I like the juxtaposition of the soft swaying lines of the feather against the wood. Hopefully you'll see spring soon--I'm in Alberta--today it's snowing. Go figure--two days ago it was 21C and we were wearing shorts. Very odd weather.

denise ippolito
04-25-2009, 03:56 PM
Mike, Interesting patterns and texture-looks like a Mike Moats image!Nicely done as usual!

Julie Kenward
04-25-2009, 05:25 PM
Love the gold tones of the wood against the silver tones of the leaf. Great texture and patterns. I am sorry you don't have spring popping yet but if we get to look at images like this for awhile longer that's fine by me. :D

Mike Moats
04-25-2009, 07:38 PM
Soory about the snow Dawn, we had a few flurries last tuesday and your right weird weather this year.

Randy Stout
04-25-2009, 08:29 PM
Mike:

I like the complimentary texture and curves in both objects. Tones are pleasent, soothing. The diagonal of the feather shaft and the two swirled knots on a diagonal work well togethor.

Did you take along a tiny comb to put the nice curves in the turkey feather? I know you macro guys have a few tricks in your bags ( at least that is what Roman says!)

Cheers

Randy

Joseph Martines
04-26-2009, 06:22 AM
Interesting combination of textures plus the diagonal line.

Great stump/bark model!!

I like the color combination also.

Roman Kurywczak
04-26-2009, 03:05 PM
Hey Mike,
Another really nice stump and feather. I'm interested in hearing what's in the trick bag too! My guess is he has the biggest knotty stump collection:D.

Grady Weed
04-28-2009, 06:42 PM
I don't care too much for the feather in the position it is in, but the stump has lots of potential. You do have an amazing ability to find the unusual. Excellent use of shapes in nature.