PDA

View Full Version : Storm chasing

Steve Bein
04-25-2009, 12:36 AM
I leave next Tuesday for a 10 day storm chasing trip. I hope to see even more than I did two years ago. Some of the lighting and lightning was fantastic. If I get some free time, i will post a few more before I leave.

Roman Kurywczak
04-25-2009, 08:53 AM
Hey Steve,
If you get a chance remember to post the specs. I am wondering if the sky has a bit of a hue to it but considering these storms due produce some bizzare lighting......and I happen to like the color....I am OK with it. I like the simplicity of the FG here with the nice base of orange /brown and the greens......with the bush placed nicely. The star of the show is the sky......and it is impressive. Very nicely done! Have fun and be safe......looking forward to some wild storm images.

Rich Ikerd
04-26-2009, 10:38 AM
Very powerful image Steve. The inclusion of the "peaceful" foreground really accentuates the power of the approaching storm. Can't wait to see more from your upcoming trip.

Jackie Schuknecht
04-26-2009, 08:16 PM
This is an amazing shot Steve. I think it the image has that look of a storm before all h..l breaks loose. Hence maybe the odd colour cast. Have fun storm casing, be safe, and hope you post some more!

Ed Cordes
04-26-2009, 09:19 PM
The pattern of the clouds looks to me like a huge bird with wings outstretched as the harbinger of fury! The only thing that catches my eye and makes me wonder is the light band extending up from the "2006" between the bushes on the right and those near center running most of the length of the image. Must be from the thinner clouds above?

Thanks for sharing.

John Ippolito
04-27-2009, 03:28 AM
Love the image and the raw power and fury in those clouds. You captured it well!