PDA

View Full Version : For Bruce and Richard

Roman Kurywczak
04-24-2009, 08:20 PM
OK.......this will be the last 2 of the Gerbera Orange series. Bruce, Richard.........you asked for it.......so I spent the last 2 days playing with the lighting and comp on my wifes orange gerbera and came up with these 2.....one vert.....one horizontal. personally I prefer the up close tight ones.........but it was fun playing! Now my wife wants her orange gerbera back after i beat it up for the last couple of days.......on to the yellow ones!
Both are Canon Mark3 with the Sigma 180mm macro both at ISO 800, natural light, plus.....the vert 1/125 second at f25 plus the 10 million candle power flashlight and a silver reflector..........
horizontal.....1/80 sec. at f22 and the silver reflector.....no additional light.

Roman Kurywczak
04-24-2009, 08:21 PM
2nd version

Richard Lovison
04-25-2009, 05:18 AM
Roman,

I like the composition in the second better as it showcases the petals more though I like the WB or color balance better in the first.

Julie Kenward
04-25-2009, 09:28 AM
I loved the first one...until I saw the second one. The 2nd image seems to have a truer blue to the BG and the details and lighting in the petals is exquisite. On the 1st image I see more of the small flaws on the petals so that, again, makes me like the 2nd image better. That said, if you got the blue sky in the first one to go a little deeper & maybe clean up a few small age spots on the petals I think you'd have two wonderful images.

Mike Moats
04-25-2009, 03:17 PM
Hey Roman, they both work for me, hard to pick one. Wel done.

Bruce Murden
04-26-2009, 11:29 AM
Thanks Roman! I like these both for different reasons. The vert gives a good portrait of the flower, tall, powerful, and the lighting on the stem is a little detail that enhances the image. The horiz is a lovely closeup. Both have great definition from the lighting. And I like that you have one facing right and one facing left.

Nicely done!

Joseph Martines
04-26-2009, 06:03 PM
I vote for the second one.

I think it is because I prefer filling the frame as much as possible with the subject.