PDA

View Full Version : Arch Rock HDR

Michael Pancier
04-24-2009, 11:27 AM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3534/3470170065_fbf7044ae7_o.jpg

Three image HDR of the iconic Arch Rock at Valley of Fire State Park.

-2, 0, +1

5d
Canon 24mm T/S
BW Polarizer
ISO 100
f/16

Rich Ikerd
04-24-2009, 02:58 PM
I think you got the HDR right with this one - the reds in the arch definitely look like reflected light. Not sure about the road visible through the arch though. A bit lower perspective might have hidden it behind the rocks which would have made this much better IMO. I only had a quick visit to the Valle of Fire and must have missed this formation. Guess I'll have to go back.

Michael Pancier
04-24-2009, 04:16 PM
Rich, I probably should chimp more. When I took the shots, I did not notice the road.

Mark Fuge
04-24-2009, 05:13 PM
Nice shot.

I wonder about the 'horizon line" I know your in the hills and sometimes there is none. However, it appears to slope to the right quite a bit. In my view the road adds to that effect. Possibly removing the road would help the image in that as well. Not that it is out of tilt, it just appears to be.

Otherwise, I like it and will have to go someday, to prove I'm right! :)

Roman Kurywczak
04-25-2009, 08:48 AM
Hey Michael,
Richard covered my first thought of the road.......and it's not chimping....it's checking the comp for possible distractions!......as for my second thought......I'm leaning with Mark (pardon the pun).....my guess is optical illusion but it does seem to me to want a CCW rotation. That being said.....the HDR really shines here. It brought out the wonderful detail in the FG arch and its rich patterns. Where's the clouds when you need them?

John Ippolito
04-28-2009, 04:50 AM
Michael, I like the framing (sans the road) and the glow captured inside the sandstone arch.