PDA

View Full Version : Cobra Crocus

Bruce Murden
04-24-2009, 09:11 AM
This spring I had one good day for Crocus photographs in our garden. This was the only day they were up, open or opening, when it wasn't windy, sleeting, pouring, or before the bunnies trimmed them to the ground. :( I think we have to fire the cat.

Nikon D80, Nikkor 105mm f/2.8 micro @ f/6.3, 1/400s, ISO 400, mid-morning beneath a pine tree.

Randy Stout
04-24-2009, 11:57 AM
Bruce"

lovely colors here, the soft lavender above with purple against the green leaves below.

I am not very knowledgable about macro work, but wish there was just a bit more room at the top of the image, it seems just slightly crowded. Part of this is because of the very selective DOF, our eye is draw to the sharpest part of the image, which is the very top.

Randy

denise ippolito
04-24-2009, 03:16 PM
Bruce, The lighting and colors are terrific. I like the composition and would evict the tiny tip of stem at the bottom. Really nicely done as usual!!

Kaushik Balakumar
04-24-2009, 04:11 PM
A neat one Bruce. Lovely looking flower. Like the texture on the petal. A nice BG to go with...

Roman Kurywczak
04-24-2009, 07:48 PM
Hey Bruce,
As you know I am not a huge fan of the shallow DOF.......but I think you handled it nicely here! I may have preferred the focal point.....or more DOF on the front petal.......but the tradeoff on the sweet BG is worth it! Want to borrow my cats?!!!......better yet go get some krokuses from the nursury and try them controlled!

Julie Kenward
04-25-2009, 09:34 AM
Very nice, Bruce! I agree that it would be nice to have had a tad more focus on the front petal but still like it as presented. I also would evict the small piece of stem at the bottom.

Mike Moats
04-25-2009, 03:24 PM
Hey Bruce, very nice image and I'll bet your getting excited for your flowers to get into full swing.