PDA

View Full Version : 1D MKIII save/load settings CSD File Share Thread!

Jay Gould
04-24-2009, 03:18 AM
Hi, there is a fascinating thread - at least to me since I have not heard about this option on BPN - relating to sharing all of your specialized settings by saving the settings to an SD card, uploading into your computer, downloading the file "somewhere" that is part of BPN, and then BPN owners of 1D3s can upload that file and automatically use those settings.

Apparently you can have up to 10 different sets of settings on your card.

The creator of the thread uploaded his BIF and low light/concert settings:http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthread.php?t=442415

There is also a link to a German site with various settings offerings:

Settings for following scenarios:

Scenarie 1: Shooting while tracking fast-moving subjects

Scenarie 2: Dimly-lit indoor sports with subjects that move suddenly

Scenarie 3: Continuous focus on breaststroke swimmers repeatedly ducking underwater

Scenarie 4: Continuous focus on sprinters near the finish line

Scenarie 5: Continuous focus on particular athletes
during complex action in team sports

Scenarie 6: Shooting during rapid motion in all directions

Scenarie 7: Tracking a single athlete while another enters the scene

can be downloaded here: http://www.visualdirect.dk/Sofaen.as...851&NewsID=254 (http://www.visualdirect.dk/Sofaen.aspx?M=News&PID=851&NewsID=254)Why shouldn't we/can't we create a settings sharing thread and share BIF, landscape, low light, et cetera savings?

IMHO I would welcome the opportunity to try - by uploading - some of the complete settings that some of the Masters of BPN are using in their 1D3s.

Cheers, Jay

Mike Tracy
04-24-2009, 06:07 AM
CDS as he is known on POTN knows the technical side very well and is always willing to share info with the community. He is also a splendid photographer in is own right.

Alfred Forns
04-26-2009, 09:07 PM
Hi Jay

I think with setting is best to read the manual four or five times and understand what is going on particularly with the AF functioning. There are no real secrets and you need to understand the differences.

I know at times "significant" photographers will give settings only to change their minds later one. Best to come up with your own !!!

The best general starting guideline I would say comes from Artie Might want to check them out.

Jay Gould
04-26-2009, 09:19 PM
Hi Jay

I think with setting is best to read the manual four or five times and understand what is going on particularly with the AF functioning. There are no real secrets and you need to understand the differences.

I know at times "significant" photographers will give settings only to change their minds later one. Best to come up with your own !!!

The best general starting guideline I would say comes from Artie Might want to check them out.

I am definitely going to start with Artie's setting for BIF; why not?!

That isn't the point of this thread; why not share setting for unique situations?

There are more professionals on this site than any other site I frequent. Experts on macro, landscape, low light, BIF, large critters etc and lots are using the 1D3 which has a settings sharing feature.

Why not create a a BPN library of settings files for everyone to share and try?

If it isn't a good idea, or it members are proprietary about their settings; OK.

Cheers, Jay

Alfred Forns
04-26-2009, 10:03 PM
Jay the settings that I feel are more important all relate to AF
Seems like every other day I keep making changes. Just started using Canon after a year and a half with Nikon. If I have something that I feel comfortable with will pass it along.