PDA

View Full Version : Got Out Today

Mike Moats
04-23-2009, 08:06 PM
Well today was my first time out for the spring and found very little up yet, just a few Bloodroot left which I took and couple shots of. Were about a week behind on the flowers in the woods. This image is a part of an old stump I found last fall and was waiting for the right flowers to add to it. My wife bought some flower at the store and I thought this small orange group was perfect for the opening here. So even though I had no spring stuff to shot I had to get creative today.

Fuji S5, Tamron 90, F32, Natural light.

Dave Mills
04-23-2009, 08:32 PM
Hi Mike, Creative it is. From the diagonal, color, texture, lighting and placement of the tulips put altogether it's a striking and imaginative image.

Randy Stout
04-23-2009, 08:41 PM
Mike:

The stump is a beauty. I particularly like the two semi circles just below the flowers. I think their lines rhyme those of the flowers, very complimentary. Orange was the right choice to match the tone of the stump. Nice lighting, love the sense of texture.

I can see how macro kind of grows on you.

Cheers

Randy

denise ippolito
04-23-2009, 09:12 PM
Mike, You did get creative! I like the punch of color against the natural wood tones. The diagonal works well here.

Bruce Murden
04-23-2009, 10:21 PM
Hey MacroMan! Good find on this stump, and nice assist from your wife. Lighting angle was wonderful for this one. :)

Kaushik Balakumar
04-24-2009, 02:07 AM
Indeed creative. Nice 'seeing' of the trunk cavity here. Love the idea of using it to frame the flowers. The contrast works so well here. This is some fantastic work as usual !

Roman Kurywczak
04-24-2009, 07:41 PM
Hey Mike,
do love this as usual....I keep reminding myself I have to get up to visit you as you find the best trunks! It may be the jpeg compression......and that is my guess.....but I may lighten the UL corner a bit to bing out some more tones. Great use of the flowers and very creative!

Mike Moats
04-25-2009, 06:58 AM
Hey Roman, it also loss some sharpness for some reason when I saved for web, generally don't have that problem, but to lazy to go back and rework it. I printed a large size yesterday for an upcoming art show and it looks great. Thanks to all for comments.

Grady Weed
04-28-2009, 06:44 PM
You are the macro man. Take a another bow.