PDA

View Full Version : Seascape

José Rodríguez
04-23-2009, 07:04 PM
A long exposure seascape....
<table id="Inbox" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td style="font-size: 120%;" width="30%">Cámara:</td> <td style="font-size: 120%;">Nikon D40 (http://www.flickr.com/cameras/nikon/d40/)</td> </tr> <tr> <td style="font-size: 120%;" width="30%">Exposición:</td> <td style="font-size: 120%;">2 sec.
</td> </tr> <tr> <td style="font-size: 120%;" width="30%">Aperture:</td> <td style="font-size: 120%;">f/22.0</td> </tr> <tr> <td style="font-size: 120%;" width="30%">Lente:</td> <td style="font-size: 120%;">18 mm</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Velocidad ISO:</td> <td>200</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Flash:</td> <td>No Flash</td></tr></tbody></table>

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3605/3466935472_5ba12174a7_o.jpg

Dave Mills
04-23-2009, 08:42 PM
Hi Jose...Very good eye here. I like the opening and its use as a leading line. The slow shutterspeed creating a soft silky flow over the rocks. The warm, pinkish sky adds to the image also. If this was my image I would do 2 things. I would take out the partial rock in the foreground and the partial ship over on the far left.

Roman Kurywczak
04-25-2009, 07:59 AM
Hi Jose,
Very good advice given above. Do like the recommendations of rock removal and can easily be seen with a browser crop. I have debated recommending whether you should darken the sky a little but I feel as presented that the soft color balances well with the rest of the image. Very nice use of the slow SS.

Richard Lovison
04-27-2009, 09:17 AM
I like the light and pastel colors and the way the eye is drawn into the image ... all these qualities work together to create a dream like quality for me. I agree with the suggestion of Roman and DMills to remove the bottom rock or bring up the crop and remove the ship to the left.

I would also suggest that the shot could have been taken at ISO 100 with an aperture of 16 and you most likely would have obtained the same depth of field but suffered less from the effects of diffraction. Though maybe that was your intention... to further soften the image by using a small aperture.