View Full Version : Rose Trio

Dave Mills
04-23-2009, 04:38 PM
Shot this last Spring.
Nikon D300 200mm macro Shaded backround with natural soft light
F32 1/100 0 comp ISO 200 Tripod Mtd.

Julie Kenward
04-23-2009, 06:37 PM
Dave, I thought this was beautiful as I started to scroll down...then I got to the bug and thought "bonus points!" and then got down to those deep luscious greens and went "he scores twice!!!"

Really, this is a wonderful image overall. The flowers are soft but in focus - not all that easy to pull off when there are three flowers on three different focal planes. The BG suits the rest of the image...anything else but black would look silly here - it demands something that would really set off the luscious pinks and the deep forest greens.

I think this might be one of your bests. Find someone who loves roses and sell them this print!

Dave Mills
04-23-2009, 07:01 PM
Thanks Julie...appreciate the comments...

Mike Moats
04-23-2009, 08:09 PM
Hey dave, this is really nice. perfect details, light, and colors.

denise ippolito
04-23-2009, 09:09 PM
Dave, Nice image- has the same feel to it as your last post! Very nicely done.

Roman Kurywczak
04-24-2009, 08:10 PM
Hey Dave,
Sweet comp and I don't mind the dark BG........as a matter of fact think it compliments it very well! I might evict the bug in the final version but this is very well done!

Richard Lovison
04-28-2009, 04:45 PM
Love the light, colors and composition. The dark background and deep green of the leaves brings out the beauty of and showcases the roses.

I'm with Roman concerning the bug. With your composition it seems your primary focus are the roses not bugs on roses and I feel the bug is just a distraction. It takes away from the beauty of the combination of two fully open roses and one partially opened.