PDA

View Full Version : Shasta Daisy

Roman Kurywczak
04-22-2009, 07:29 PM
OK.....if you haven't noticed yet I do like to get close! Another of my garden center purchases and a very bright overcast day.
Canon Mark 3 with the Sigma 180mm macro for 1/300th seconds at f22 and ISO 400 with the mt24 twin lights at Minus 2/3 stop.
Debated digitally removing the pollen........decided to leave it.

Julie Kenward
04-22-2009, 09:09 PM
Absolutely leave the pollen! It's such a nice touch to the beauty of this flower and there's not so much that it's distracting in any way.

Perfect placement of the main part of the flower - love to see those petals cascading across most of the image. Beautiful whites and love that you can see the little hairs in the petal gaps!

Dave Mills
04-23-2009, 09:36 AM
Hey Roman...Beautifully presented and technically well done....

Jackie Schuknecht
04-23-2009, 09:59 AM
Saw it last night Roman, but was getting too tired to comment on any more images:). Great placement in the frame. Doesn't look flashed to me at all. Do you place the lights in a 45 degree angle? Like how you have filled up the frame with your flower too.

Roman Kurywczak
04-23-2009, 10:10 AM
Hey Jackie,
Yes to the lights and the angle. They can adjust to any angle and the closer I am the more drastic the angle on the lights......but that is why I like my switch from the 90mm macro........gives me a little better working light angle.

denise ippolito
04-23-2009, 03:05 PM
Roman, First of all this is beautiful! I like the pollen and your composition is fantastic. I believe this is a Sunscape Daisy.

Mike Moats
04-23-2009, 08:14 PM
Hey Roman, this came out awesome. Love the color and great job on the whites. If it were mine I'd clone out the pollen, I find myself distracted by it.

Bruce Murden
04-23-2009, 10:35 PM
Hi Roman,

Great comp. I like things that aren't always upper left to lower right, and you have great diagonals of the petals. I also particularly like your holding of white details here, and the lovely saturation -- I'm guessing that was aided by the pop of flash.

And to weigh in on the variety, I think it's an Osteospermum, or "African Daisy".

Bruce

Richard Lovison
04-28-2009, 03:11 PM
Wow, don't know how I missed this one. Love the composition of putting the center of the flower at the rules of thirds position with its complimentary colors of blue and orange. The only thing I would suggest is to bring some detail into the first petal down from the middle on the left if you can. Must have been a flash hot spot.