PDA

View Full Version : THEME: Landscape -I Broke the Rules (can it work)

denise ippolito
04-22-2009, 11:17 AM
I took this image on my way up to Crater Lake,it was early sunrise and the image was filled with smoke from a fire. I did some paint brushes on it and gave it an unconventional crop,which I liked. I put the rising sun dead center on the recrop-My question is Can this work w/ the sun dead center? I liked the abstract feel to it and would like to keep it-but am willing to listen to other opinions. I can't seem to get this one to resize-sorry!

Kerry Perkins
04-22-2009, 12:32 PM
Denise - "Not every image conforms to the so called "rules" of photography." ;) I like this one, and I don't have a problem with the sun in the center. The image is pretty symmetrical with the dark tones on the lower right and the brightness on the upper left. It has an eerie, surreal look to it which you know I love. I say two thumbs up! :D

denise ippolito
04-22-2009, 04:37 PM
Thanks Kerry!!

Mark Fuge
04-22-2009, 05:22 PM
I would agree. While I like to start playing by the rules, they are also meant to be broken. You broke it, it still works.

Harold Davis
04-22-2009, 07:02 PM
it all works for me, denise! the sun in the center doesnt bother me because the other compositonal elements are so strong.....and your work makes it look like the smoky mountains.

Jackie Schuknecht
04-22-2009, 08:00 PM
Looks like an abstract painting to me Denise. Very atmospheric. Works for me. The sun is a very central focal point but I find my eye goes all around the image:)

denise ippolito
04-22-2009, 09:57 PM
Thanks everyone your opinions mean alot!!!!