PDA

View Full Version : Neuse Winds Dock with skim ice

Joel Arrington
01-30-2008, 10:51 AM
Canon 40D, manual, 0.8 sec @f/16 with 70-200 mm at 110 mm, ISO 100

Brian Wong
01-30-2008, 01:21 PM
I'm learning here too, but I'll give it a try ,,, I like the light and color on the right side with the calm trees and water. Very pretty. The boat on the left with all the vertical poles suggests a different subject. Perhaps cropping it in from the left would help simplify image to the pretty area.

Nonda Surratt
01-30-2008, 07:05 PM
Hi Jole,

I agree with Brian about te boat on the left. Love the light and water by the island, very pretty scene!!! Seems maybe a bit tilted to the left (the distant land line)? A real pleasure to view.

Judd Patterson
01-30-2008, 09:25 PM
Beautiful scene Joel, with some gorgeous hues! I really like the shape of the docks, their reflections, and the great sky color. I don't know what was possible here, but could you have shifted farther to the right? If you could, you might have eventually gotten to a point where the background trees might have dropped out and also provided a clearer view of the boat on the left side. I think that might have been a stronger composition, instead of the background trees which draw my eye and aren't as interesting (to me) as the dock and boats.

Joel Arrington
01-31-2008, 10:31 PM
In my view, we need the dark mass on the left as a compositional element to balance the larger one on the right.