04-21-2009, 06:49 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3655/3464273272_32c46296a5_o.jpg

Valley of Fire State Park - Nevada

5d Mark II with 24mm T/S Lens
Polarizer
1/100
f/16
ISO 200

full frame. The t/s lens worked great out there especially in getting nice low angles given that my tripod only can go about 18 inches above ground.

Juan Carlos Vindas
04-21-2009, 10:09 PM
Beautiful place to be.

I really like the color mix you capture here, yellow, red and blue, great mix. I wonder how the vegetation would look a little more saturated.

Phil Ertel
04-22-2009, 04:18 PM
Very nice. The colors are very nice. The transition from light to dark is very effective. I especially like your placement of the yellow flowers. Well done.

Roman Kurywczak
04-22-2009, 05:10 PM
Hey Michael,
The T/S looks tack sharp and the seperation of the flowers/brush/ and rock formation is very nice as is the flow of that formation. appears that this was in pretty bright light and am guessing that you super P'd it as the sky is very dark. I think a bit earlier would have made this even more dramatic but all things considered...nicely done.

Mike Fuhr
04-22-2009, 08:33 PM
Roman:

What does "super P'd" it mean??

Roman Kurywczak
04-22-2009, 08:47 PM
Hey Mike,
Sorry.......Super Polarised.....sky gets that dark blue with the polariser.

Michael Pancier
04-22-2009, 09:21 PM
Hey Michael,
The T/S looks tack sharp and the seperation of the flowers/brush/ and rock formation is very nice as is the flow of that formation. appears that this was in pretty bright light and am guessing that you super P'd it as the sky is very dark. I think a bit earlier would have made this even more dramatic but all things considered...nicely done.

you think I should lighten up the blue? I thought it looked kind of alien ...

Roman Kurywczak
04-23-2009, 09:11 AM
Hey Michael,
I'd lean yes ......but try this first......try dodging the bush on the right a bit to make it stand out more from the BG adding more seperation.
PS I got a chance to play.....so I did darken the FG a bit and lighten the sky and rocks also & dodging and burning the rest. I did have to knock it down to 57 quality to fit.....but gives you a few ideas.

Rich Ikerd
04-23-2009, 12:24 PM
Really like how the formations in the back frame the image. I agree that the sky needs to be toned down a bit, just doesn't look right with the rest of the lighting. Looks like you're making good use of the T/S.

Michael Pancier
04-23-2009, 07:14 PM
Really like how the formations in the back frame the image. I agree that the sky needs to be toned down a bit, just doesn't look right with the rest of the lighting. Looks like you're making good use of the T/S.

The T/S has become my favorite landscape lens. perfect for getting low for flower foreground shots especially when the tripod can only get so low. Also worked great at the Grand Canyon. I shifted down rather than tilt using the tripod head. Great for panos.

Alex Mody
04-25-2009, 12:29 PM
Great use of a TS lens, for sure. I find the composition appealing, but the harsh light is hurting this image a bit, imo.